OUR SPECIAL CHARACTER
We are Christian in Practise
We are Methodist in ethos
We are accepted as we are
We are called to be the people of God and to do God’s work
We belong to the Wesley College family and the family of God.
OUR METHODIST ETHOS
- Treasuring our Christian heritage and learning to express it relevantly. This includes religious observances.
- Openness to the future and to new insights, experiences and people.
- Support for values that respect the integrity of persons and communities.
- Consideration of the needs of others, especially the marginalised.
- Use of language and images that are inclusive and which express equality.
- Provision of safe environments in which students can learn to live and work together in harmony.
- Opposition to cultures of violence and to systems of domination and exclusion.
- Processes for dealing with conflict, harassment, abuse and violation.