Kia Ora Whanau
I hope you are all well.
We are currently awaiting guidance for Alert Level 2.
The Prime Minister has said that the Level 3 Alert level will be reviewed and a decision made about next steps on Monday, 11 May. One of the options is that we move at some point after the 11th into Alert Level 2.
So thinking has begun about what we need to put together here at school when we arrive at this point. I can assure every step will be taken to ensure a safe site, but also a return to routines and a more ‘normal’ life for our students as much as possible.
There will be a lot to consider including:
- Managing health and safety for staff and students and clearly understanding requirements under Alert Level 2.
- Curriculum, teaching and learning – where are our students at?
- Managing school transport.
- School hostels and how they will operate under Alert Level 2.
There will also be a lot of things for us as a teaching and hostel staff to discuss, particularly around the well-being of students. Things such as possibly no sport, school ball, ‘normal’ chapel time together, even simple social interactions etc, will have to be considered and we will see what alternatives we can put in place.
As soon as we have a clear picture we will send out the details to you.
In the meantime we hope the distance learning is going well for all students. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact subject teachers or deans. It is important during this challenging time that all students also look after themselves mentally and physically.
Take care and enjoy your day.
Ngā mihi nui
Dr Brian Evans
BA, Dip Tch, MEd, PhD