Schools in Tāmaki Makaurau
The changes are full reintroduction of the measures that applied for students in Tāmaki Makaurau last year when a similar total amount of time was spent under alert level restrictions.
These changes are:
- Tāmaki Makaurau students will be entitled to one Learning Recognition Credit (LRC) for every four credits they achieve through assessment in the 2021 school year, rather than one LRC for every five
- Tāmaki Makaurau students will be eligible for up to 16 LRCs at NCEA Level 1, and 12 LRCs at Levels 2 and 3.
- the threshold for Tāmaki Makaurau students to be awarded a Certificate Endorsement will be 44 credits at Merit or Excellence level, rather than the usual 50.
The changes to Course Endorsements and University Entrance announced in our 3 September bulletin will continue to apply. This means:
- Tāmaki Makaurau students will require 12 credits at Achieved, Merit or Excellence level to receive Course Endorsements, rather than 14 credits
- to be awarded University Entrance, students in Tāmaki Makaurau will need to achieve 12 credits, rather than 14 credits, in each of three University Entrance Approved Subjects, as well as attaining NCEA Level 3 and meeting the usual literacy and numeracy requirements.
Ngā mihi nui
Dr Brian Evans
BA, Dip Tch, MEd, PhD