Kia Ora Whanau
Today may signal that Auckland moves to Alert Level 3 from 11.59 on Tuesday 21/9/2021 evening. This means schools may open on Thursday, but under strict conditions.
The simple message is that students should continue to work from home as much as possible.
Schools and early learning services are open at level 3 - under conditions
- At Alert Level 3, there is a medium risk of community transmission and active but managed clusters.
- Distance learning will be provided for all students who are off-site, including those required to self-isolate and those individuals who health authorities have asked to stay away while waiting for a test result.
- More businesses and services are open at Alert Level 3, not just essential services, and therefore more parents and caregivers need to leave home to go to work.
- Students in Year 11-13 must remain learning from home. However, there is a possibility for an exemption for some Year 12 and 13 students in limited circumstances, to attend onsite.
- If there is no suitable carer in the home, children need to be able to go to school to learn.
- Bubbles of no more than 10 students will need to be formed with staff additional to that number; bubbles need to keep at least two metres’ distance from other bubbles.
- Students at school will be supervised but will continue with online learning as set by their teachers.
- Should you have a child in Year 9 and 10 who needs to be at school please notify [email protected] by Tuesday 21st September, 3pm.
Ngā mihi nui
Dr Brian Evans
BA, Dip Tch, MEd, PhD